Enjoy these interesting and funny Birthday Facts on your special day or share them with your friends.
* Close to 2 billion Birthday Cards are sent each year in the U.S. alone, accounting for nearly 58 percent of all cards sent.
* The world's largest birthday cake was created in 1989 for the 100th Birthday of the city of Fort Payne, Alabama. The cake weighed 128,238 pounds, 8 oz. and used 16,209 pounds of icing.
* The most famous rendition of "Happy Birthday" is when Marilyn Monroe sang "Happy Birthday, Mr President" to President John F. Kennedy at Madison Square Garden on 19 May 1962.
* Paul McCartney's Birth Certificate was auctioned in March 1997, for US $84,146. It is believed to be the world's most expensive Birth Certificate.
* Anne Frank's world famous diary was given to her as a present for her 13th birthday.
* William Shakespeare's died on his 52nd birthday: April 23 1616.
* A recent survey suggests that more people are born on October 5th in the United States than any other day. October 5th holds a not-so-surprising significance, as conception would have fallen on New Year's Eve.
Strange Birthday Facts
* Since your last birthday 31,536,000 seconds have passed.
* Your heart beats at a rate of around of 72 to 80 beats per minute - since your last birthday it will have beat about 42,075,900 times.
* You breath at a rate of about 30 breaths per minute so, since your last birthday you have taken approximately 15,768,000 breaths.
* The volume of blood in your body is approximately 5 litres. The heart pumps about 280 litres of blood around your body every hour - thatís 2,688,000 litres per year!
* The average garden snail (not one that has entered the Olympics 100 meters race) moves at around 0.03 mph. If one set out on your last birthday, and walked non-stop it would have traveled 263 miles. If you walked this distance non-stop you would complete it in around three days.
* Since your last birthday you will have had about 1,460 dreams.
* World population has grown by around 76,570,430 since your last birthday. In the time it takes you to read this another five babies will have been born.
* The Earth is zooming around the sun at around 66,780 miles per hour! Since your last birthday the Earth has completed one journey around the sun travelling about 584,337,600 miles.